Format of competition
Men: 1 x Under 73kg; 1 x Under 81; 1 x Under 90kg; 1 x Over 90kg.
Women: 1 x Under 63kg; 1 x Over 63kg.
- Weigh in is on the day of the competition (11th Mar) at approx. 8am
- Whole team should weigh in together
- Players can fight one weight category above their normal category
- Players may only fight for the team they weighed in with, i.e. if team A is knocked out, the players from that team cannot then fight for team B.
- This is a student event
- Universities are allowed to bring as many teams as they wish, as well as reserve competitors
- Each team should correspond to an individual institution
- There is no grade restriction on this event
- Reserves may fight in their category, or the one above.
- The competition will be fought under BJA modified version of IJF rules
- All players should wear a clean white judogi and teams should provide their own blue and white belts
- All contests will be 4 minutes duration for both men and women (time may be reduced if we have a big entry)
- Reserves may compete in the weight group they weighed in as or one higher
- This is a Student event, only students may enter
- Each team should represent a single institution
- Reserves must be entered and weighed-in along with the team (must be on team list)
- Not point scoring for UK players
This is not a promotion (dan grade) point scoring competition for British players.
What will USIST cost to enter?
Each team costs £100 + £20/person.
We will provide food and accommodation (mat space!).
- The registration process must be completed once for each team
- When asked how many you are registering, include players, reserves.
If you have issues registering online (above), please send us an email at