Format of competition
Men: 1 x Under 73kg; 1 x Under 81; 1 x Under 90kg; 1 x Over 90kg.
Women: 1 x Under 63kg; 1 x Over 63kg.
Players can fight one weight category above their normal category.
Players may only fight for the team they weighed in with, i.e. if team A is knocked out, the players from that team cannot then fight for team B.
Universities are allowed to bring as many teams as they wish, as well as reserve competitors.
Each team should correspond to an individual institution.
There is no grade restriction on this event.
Reserves may fight in their category, or the one above.
All players should wear a clean white judogi and teams should provide their own blue and white belts.
All contests will be 4 minutes duration for both men and women (time may be reduced if we have a big entry).
This is not a promotion (dan grade) point scoring competition for British players.
What will USIST cost to enter?
Each costs £85, then £25 for each individual player/reserve.
Anyone not in a team who will be staying for the social/food must also pay the £25.
Example of monies due
- Team one consists of full team and 3 reserves (9 people)
- Team two is missing a lightweight lady, 0 reserves (5 people)
- 3 other people are coming along for the social and staying over
2 x team fee = 2 x £85 = £170
14 players in teams including reserves = 14 people = 14 * 25 = 350
3 others enjoying food/social @ £25 each = £75
Total due £170 (team fee) + £350 (player £25s) + £75 (3 other people) = £595
- The registration process must be completed once for each team
- When asked how many you are registering, include players, reserves and anyone else that needs to pay (accommodation / food / social).